We’ve talked a lot of re-packaging your content for wider reach and better traffic. And each time we are discussing re-packaging, Slideshare always comes up as one of the best ways to market presentations and digital guides.
Now, in our quest for alternative traffic sources, let’s see how we can generate more useful traffic from Slideshare today!
1. Add clickable links
- Links become clickable only after page #3 of your presentation at Slideshare, so don’t bother to put them on pages 1-3 (people will try to click, fail and may get disappointed)
— Ann Smarty (@seosmarty) June 19, 2014
- Make sure you are using “Insert -> Hyperlink” to make it a clickable link (just a raw URL won’t do)
2. Make sure your first slide makes a HUGE promise
This naturally accomplishes two things:
- You get more clicks to your Slideshare
- More people actually get to your call-to-action or clickable link (as we can’t have them on page #1)
[I guess a splash of orange there might work as well… Orange always works well when it comes to visual marketing]
3. Make sure to add a great call to action at the end
Ana Hoffman @AnaTrafficCafe is really great at that. Her last slide is always a work of art in terms of a well-crafted call-to-action. Example:
Further reading: Do read her absolutely awesome guide on how Slideshare has become her #2 traffic source!
4. Leverage Slideshare lead generation option
Leadshare allows you to capture leads from Slideshare and Linkedin and, if I am not mistaken, it’s only available in Slideshare pro package. Here’s how it works:
It’s a great additional call to action and you can select which slideshares you’d like to enable it for. You can easily collect those leads and then import them into your Mailchimp list to keep in touch!
Further reading: How to Use SlideShare to Generate Leads at @smexaminer by @JasonMillerCA
Now, from the past chats, let’s recall where Slideshare can become a great content marketing tools:
- Market your eBooks: Generate Traffic with Digital Books
- Market your screenshots: How to Use Screenshots to Generate Traffic
- Here are more re-package ideas and even more
Please share your tips with Slideshare traffic!
Thanks Ann, 7 tabs open to read before dinner #myblogguest
— Phil Turner (@EP_pturner) June 19, 2014