Join our Twitter chat on TwChat =>MyBlogGuest Twitter chat
Please take the full free course over at @udemy to make sure you know and get most out of your MyBlogGuest membership!
eBooks, or digital books, are one of the most efficient content marketing and content re-packaging methods:
- eBooks open your content for offline reading (with tablets and smartphones on the rise, that’s especially essential)
- eBooks, thus, let your customers take your brand with them (on the plane or vacation). Your readers are more likely to remember and return to your site if they have your eBook on their digital shelf
- eBook marketing is fun and easy: You have Amazon kindle, iBooks, etc to market your book on.
- Free eBooks are a great link bait (who wouldn’t like a curated list of eBooks like this)
- eBooks are shared eagerly (especially if you implement “Tweet to download” or a similar trick)
In other words, if you haven’t tried eBook marketing, you are missing out… Especially now that we are introducing a new fun feature for content marketers:
eBook gallery lets you bring your eBooks to publishers with the unique description of your own. It works much like the Inforgraphics gallery … only it’s for (e)Books:
eBook gallery… sounds like a great new feature! #myblogguest
— David McSweeney (@top5seo) October 10, 2013
- Upload your (e)Book cover to serve as an image
- Provide a 200-word-min snapshot of your eBook contents
- Link to the eBook download / landing page from the “byline”
- Upload more than one description to find more publishers.
- Sit back and wait for the offers from bloggers.
If your eBook is free, we’ll add a cool badge and feature it on top of the gallery.
The feature is brand new, so don’t expect too much content here but, boy, it’s fun!
- Get your eBooks featured by blogs YOU choose
- Control the descriptions that go with your eBooks
- Get links and clicks to your eBooks page
>>> The gallery is FREE for all publishers. It’s another way to bring some diverse content to your blogs.
>>> To promote your own eBook in the gallery, you’ll need to upgrade to PRO (the feature is included in any PRO plan we have)
Just when you wonder what @seosmarty will think of next … she's thought of it! #myblogguest
— Don Sturgill (@Don_Sturgill) October 10, 2013
next it will be a viral t-shirts gallery! #myblogguest
— David McSweeney (@top5seo) October 10, 2013
How to Create an eBook
I am not a geek and I am sure there are fancier ways to create eBooks… That’s how I’ve done that with moderate success (“moderate” because there is *ALWAYS* a lot of room for improvement):
- First step: Create the table of contents in Excel or Google Spreadsheet (somehow the spreadsheet makes it easier to structure sub-chapters and sub-points; there’s a room for notes too)
- Second step: Look at what you have already written (if you are smart enough, you have targeted mostly written content in step 1)
- Step 3: Write what’s missing (these can be blog posts as well). Write an intro and an conclusion too.
- Step 4: Compile (copy-paste) all the content in one Google Doc. Beautify a bit to make it consistent.
- Step 5: Design… All I did was picking a pretty template (here) and creating a cover. You can just create one yourself or use Fiverr to find a $5 vendor.
@seosmarty Zinepal can do that do http://t.co/fJlzGxgsqg #myblogguest
— David B. Faltz (@dfaltz) October 10, 2013
- Step 6: Proof read and proof read again
- Save as a PDF and your cool linkable asset is ready to be promoted!
Promote Your eBook for Free!
Have you got an eBook you would like us to promote? Write about our new feature on your blog and you’ll get 1-month free access to all our PRO features including the eBooks gallery (just email us, tweet to @myblogguest or post a comment here!).
Latest posts by Joseph (see all)
- Chatting Guest Blogging at #Pitchboxchat - December 19, 2018
- How to Collaborate on Content: Co-Create, Interview and Find Guest Bloggers! #BizapaloozaChat - December 5, 2017
- Ann Smarty Talking Influencer Marketing at #BW_Chat Twitter Chat - February 26, 2016
So once an eBook is taken “out” of the eBook Gallery by a publisher, does that mean no other publisher can embed it?? Or am I totally confused? Thanks. Alex
The author can have as many publishers as unique descriptions / reviews / articles the author provides. The main thing is that there’s unique content to go together with eBook promotion…
Thanks, Ann. the eBook Gallery sounds kind of fabulous and unique!
Looks great, I’ve just uploaded my hotel marketing ebook to the gallery, look forward to seeing what sort of offers it gets. Thanks guys
I have my ebook published on https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/432237 . i will like to upload it to your site for review.How do i do it?