Upcoming (5/31/13) MyBlogGuest Google+ Hangout On Air Are you ready for our May 2013 MyBlogGuest Google+ Hangout On Air? It is coming up, Friday, May 31, 2013.
MBG Hangout: 11am EDT Google+ Event Page
Google helps us out by providing the time in our own time zone. If you click on the event, above, you will see what time it is in YOUR time zone, based on your Internet Service Provider.
You may also manually check your time zone here.
MyBlogGuest Linking (again)
We will be talking about linking. We covered it extensively in Twitter Chats, but this will be an opportunity to cover it face to face. We will also talk about the *why* for guidelines within MyBlogGuest, as it relates to Google’s rules and algorithms. This would be a great time to ask questions, where you need more clarification on what is allowed and what is not allowed, why, and what the best practices are.
Here are some articles on MyBlogGuest.com to get you ready:
- Best Linking Practices = Summing up
- Linking Terminology We Use At #MyBlogGuest
- Linking Etiquette: This Week on #MyBlogGuest
- #MyBlogGuest Self-Linking Rules Update
- What is a Natural In-Body Link? #MyBlogGuest
The Google+ hangout is recorded and we will snap a nice picture of you from the vid, for the intro. If you prefer not to be included, please let us know during the hangout.
The MyBlogGuest video will be available after the event, and a takeaway version will be available a couple days after the hangout. Here are some videos from past MyBlogGuest Hangouts:
- April MBG Hangout (Takeaways)
- March MBG Hangout (Takeaways)
- February MBG Hangout (Takeaways)
- January MBG Hangout (Takeaways)
- April MBG Hangout (Full)
- March MBG Hangout (Full)
- February MBG Hangout (Full)
- January MBG Hangout (Full)
Here is the takeaways video from the last hangout (April 2013):
Suggested Topics: May MBG Google+ Hangout
- SEO and Linking
- Revisiting the Bio. What are YOUR questions?
- Relationship building in a community
- Contest update: Winners from the MBG Spring Contest
Not able to make the hangout, but want to listen in your car? Subscribe to the MyBlogGuest Podcast! Also, you will hear mid-month interviews of MBG users and moderators. You won’t want to miss an episode.
Listen to the most recent podcast, here:
Event Page and Information on Google
The Google+ event page is shown, below, and contains information regarding the May 31, 2013 MyBlogGuest Google+ Hangouts on Air. You may also leave questions there so we can add them to our list of topics for this hangout or the next. At the time that the hangout opens, we will post the invitation link so that you may join in. Remember, this is recorded, so you will become a part of MBG Community history, via video.
Another way to reach the event page is through the MyBlogGuest G+ community page. Click on “Events” and this event will show there. Not a part of the community yet? Comment below this article so we can invite you!
- Hangout: 11am EDT Google+ Event Page (60 min)
See you there!
Deborah Anderson, of SocialWebCafe.com, is the social media strategist at MyBlogGuest and she hosts the MyBlogGuest monthly hangouts. Join her (@SocialWebCafe) on the weekly #MyBlogGuest Twitter Chats, and of course, these Google+ monthly MBG hangouts. Also, watch for her upcoming book on the topic of Google+ hangouts.
Latest posts by Deborah Anderson (see all)
- April 2014 #MyBlogGuest Google Hangout Paused - April 25, 2014
- March 2014 #MyBlogGuest Google Hangout: This SATURDAY (March 29) 11am EDT - March 27, 2014
- February 2014 #MyBlogGuest Google Hangout: This SATURDAY (March 1) 11am EST - February 27, 2014
What are hangouts all about. Can anyone tell me what does it exactly mean. Are they beneficial???
It’s something like video chat. You can ask a question in writing and watch the group of people answer it live.