So here we go! We have announced and held our very first Twitter chat this week! It was a fun experiment and we all enjoyed it! The next Twitter chat will be next week on Thursday March, 22 11 EST (follow #myblogguest hashtag if you have trouble converting time like myself :))
And next week we’ll discuss all the ways to build traffic with guest blogging!
Here are the topics we touched upon (we’ll make sure to discuss them more indepth in the upcoming weeks):
Creating Guest Blogging Pitch:
- Always personalize properly and never sound like spam;
- Include a couple of links to your previously published guest articles (within the same niche);
- Use Rapportive to personalize;
- Consider using Buzzstream to organize your contacts;
- Avoid attaching the guest post right away because (1) this may send your first email to spam and (2) this may result in duplicate content (if the blogger keeps long to reply and then publishes it in the end);
- Use Google Alerts (to track when your post goes live) + Google’s “exact match” search to see if it’s live yet (if you think of pitching it to someone else). Copyscape is another good option here.
- Use Twitter to follow up (allow at least 2-3 days after the first email);
- Avoid following up more than once;
- Use MyBlogGuest “Remind” me feature built-in in the INBOX section:
If you get rejected, get smarter and better!
Attracting Guest Authors:
- Join MyBlogGuest and use the Articles Gallery (the easiest way but not the only one!)
- Create “Write for us” page, promote it, list your guidelines there and *stick* to them (never sacrifice on quality);
- To encourage recurring guest post submissions: Feature greatest authors in a sidebar, credit them in tweets + thank them in the comments;
- Blog owner’s tools: Copyscape + Google’s Reverse image search (or Tineye) to track down the image sources
- Always reply (even if you want to reject + add constructive criticism to let the author improve!)
Twitter tool we used and liked: Tweet Chat
A few of the sweet participants:
- @socialwebcafe is our great moderator;
- @JohnKomatsoulis: has been just awesome (no comment);
- @PsychGuy3 has been very helpful!
- @PrimoRudy has suggested quite a few great tools!
- @Roadturn is our featured newb this week 🙂 (keep up the great job!)
- @kobywong: has provided great advice – thanks!
- @Benin is simply awesome (and one of our oldest users!);
- @PolymediaGR is one of our newest and sweetest users!;
- @kobywong has given really useful advice and tips
I hope you have enjoyed the party! We’ll be back next Thursday!
And grab one of our banners 🙂
Help us spread the word!
<a href="https://myblogguest.com/blog/myblogguest-official-chat-is-this-thursday/" target="_blank"><img src="https://myblogguest.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/MBG-twitter-chat-small.jpg" alt="Join MyBlogGuest Twitter chat!" width="125" height="125" border="0"/></a>
<a href="https://myblogguest.com/blog/myblogguest-official-chat-is-this-thursday/"><img src="https://myblogguest.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/MBG-twitter-chat-horizontal.jpg" width="468" height="60" /></a>
Latest posts by Joseph (see all)
- Chatting Guest Blogging at #Pitchboxchat - December 19, 2018
- How to Collaborate on Content: Co-Create, Interview and Find Guest Bloggers! #BizapaloozaChat - December 5, 2017
- Ann Smarty Talking Influencer Marketing at #BW_Chat Twitter Chat - February 26, 2016