Early this year we announced our fun and very easy contest: publish guest posts and get cash for publishing the most popular ones!
The contest had its ups and downs as the constant server issues (which are now solved) prevented us from properly promoting it. All in all, that was a fun experiment (we are planning to continue in March!) and we got quite some traction as well! Thanks to all who participated and helped to spread the word!
I spent the larger part of my weekend counting votes, discussing the nominees and comparing the stats. It’s not the numbers games! We evaluated the bloggers’ activity, the post look and feel, the blogger’s rating within the system, the blogger’s activity within the forums as well as the social media interaction at the guest article itself.
So here are the winners!
Grand Winner: Kiesha Easley of WeBlogBetter!
The winning article: Getting More Likes on Your Facebook Page
Kiesha may have not the hugest social button counts among all the nominees, but here’s what defines her win:
- Kiesha eagerly participates in the comments, answers all of them and encourages more discussion;
- Kiesha promotes her articles at the number of social sharing sites as well as huge sites (like SocialMediaToday);
- Kiesha clearly makes the most of each of her articles and handles each guest author very seriously.
Congrats, Kiesha! You get the main prize: $1000
Thanks for being part of our community!
Most votes articles:
Most active guest article publishers (honorable mentions!):
We love of you guys for spending so much time at MyBlogGuest!
- Tom Bukacek (@Tom_Bukacek) of Black Box Social Media
- Nicko Gibson (@tubeblogr) of Tube Blogger
- Susanp (@spetracco) of Travel Guideline
- Alison Wright (@BeingAlison) of Being Alison
- Sharon Williams (@hobbiesbudget) of Hobbies on a Budget
- Chiprang (@chiprang) of Mothers Forum
- Mr. Bli (@blitalk) of Bli Talk!
- Nadeem Khan (@chillopedia) of >Chillopedia
- Daniel (@M_oa_SD) of Memoirs of a Single Dad
- Vishalgaikar (@vishalgaikar) of Tricks Machine,technology,web 2.0
- Craig Charley (@SBTTraining) of Silicon Beach Training (PRO user! Craig does an outstanding job as both the publisher and the author!)
- Bellaisa (@healthy_start_) of Relationship Circle (another PRO user! Great writer and publisher!)
You all get a 6-month free PREMIUM membership at MyBlogGuest!
Most commented guest articles:
- Newlywed Survival (@NewlywedSurvive) has hosted a few of our guest articles and have made a tremendous job fostering interaction in the comments.
- Allie of Ramblings of a WAHM (@allierambles) makes her best to encourage a great discussion at the guest articles hosted on her blog!
Both of you get a 6-month free PREMIUM membership at MyBlogGuest!
Most beautiful articles: Brendon (@inMotionGaming) of inMotion Gaming does the most awesome job on his guest article formatting: all of them are rich in screenshots and look totally great! Brendon gets a 6-month free PREMIUM membership at MyBlogGuest!
Latest posts by Joseph (see all)
- Chatting Guest Blogging at #Pitchboxchat - December 19, 2018
- How to Collaborate on Content: Co-Create, Interview and Find Guest Bloggers! #BizapaloozaChat - December 5, 2017
- Ann Smarty Talking Influencer Marketing at #BW_Chat Twitter Chat - February 26, 2016