We’ve been happy with how our users are getting involved with our Twitter chat sessions (Note: we hold #myblogguest Twitter chats each Thursday at 11 a.m. EDT / 3 p.m. GMT). So far we’ve only used the chats for knowledge exchange and for sharing tips.
Lat week it stuck me: why not use the chats to help promote our users’ guest posts as well!?
After all, that makes perfect sense: our chat participants will be able to see with their own eyes which guest posts are being published through MyBlogGuest, what seems to go well and what actually works!
On the other hand, blog owners and article publishers will enjoy additional exposure and traffic!
So here’s how it will work from now on:
- Each month the moderators will go to HELP NEEDED forum and pick 10 great guest articles shared by our users;
- We’ll link to those ten articles during our Twitter chat sessions and ask all participants to share them and comment (if they like the articles of course)
- We’ll also discuss what’s so good about those articles and what we can learn from them (in terms of successful guest blogging strategies)
This way, we’ll learn a lot from the actual examples as well as give more so-well-deserved exposure to our awesome users!
What are your thoughts?
Latest posts by Ann Smarty (see all)
- #MyBlogGuest PUSH Thursday: Best Content Marketing Resources of April - April 24, 2014
- Content Re-Marketing with Kev Massey @kevmassey #MyBlogGuest - April 17, 2014
- 3 Traffic Generation Laws of Social Media #MyBlogGuest - April 10, 2014