We don’t associate blogging with dating but sometimes we break blogging contacts too easily!
The truth is, the power is in relationships. Whoever doesn’t get it, doesn’t get marketing.
We did one Twitter chat on how any other benefits of guest blogging fade in comparison to building relationships.
— Matthew Wood (@MattWood23) February 14, 2013
Now, to celebrate the love day, let us go a bit more sugary!
Here are some relationships truths that can be applied to guest blogging and networking:
- “One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself“. It’s not only about guest blogging, I wish any Internet Marketing area had this truth in focus. “Be the friend that you want to have.“
- “No road is long with good company“. Promoting a blog is a hard long process: It’s much easier when you have friends and partners to go by. Guest blogging is priceless for that!
- “If you want to get along with somebody, let them be right, and it will last longer.” It doesn’t mean you need to lie to get the deal arranged – it’s about how diplomacy can help you achieve much more (you wouldn’t believe how many disputes we have to settle on #MyBlogGuest – those disputes could be very well solved if the users simply cared to find the right words!)
- “Someone else doesn’t have to be wrong for you to be right.” This and the following one are again about diplomacy (something we often miss at MyBlogGuest!)
- “Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.“
Images via reddit
- “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” I’ve seen it many times: Our personal whims prevent us from building really powerful relationships.
- “Every little counts“. Even if you think you are very well-networked, never discount those who are just starting. Every tiny contact counts. You never know where this blogger is going to be in six month! “You Never Know Where the Path Will Lead“
Absolutely, you should never disregard smaller blogs! You never know what they'll become! RT #7: “Every little counts“ #MyBlogGuest
— Michael Fielding (@MichaelF_5) February 14, 2013
— Abhishek Raj (@buddinggeek) February 14, 2013
- “A relationship requires a lot of work and commitment.“
— Deborah (@socialwebcafe) February 14, 2013
- “Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while.” Never get discouraged!
- Lastly: “Respect is earned, honesty is appreciated, trust is gained, and loyalty is returned.”