Early this year we announced our fun and very easy contest: publish guest posts and get cash for publishing the most popular ones!
The contest had its ups and downs as the constant server issues (which are now solved) prevented us from properly promoting it. All in all, that was a fun experiment (we are planning to continue in March!) and we got quite some traction as well! Thanks to all who participated and helped to spread the word!
I spent the larger part of my weekend counting votes, discussing the nominees and comparing the stats. It’s not the numbers games! We evaluated the bloggers’ activity, the post look and feel, the blogger’s rating within the system, the blogger’s activity within the forums as well as the social media interaction at the guest article itself.
So here are the winners!
Grand Winner: Kiesha Easley of WeBlogBetter!
The winning article: Getting More Likes on Your Facebook Page
Kiesha may have not the hugest social button counts among all the nominees, but here’s what defines her win:
- Kiesha eagerly participates in the comments, answers all of them and encourages more discussion;
- Kiesha promotes her articles at the number of social sharing sites as well as huge sites (like SocialMediaToday);
- Kiesha clearly makes the most of each of her articles and handles each guest author very seriously.
Congrats, Kiesha! You get the main prize: $1000
Thanks for being part of our community!
Most votes articles:
Naeem Noor (@naeemnur) and John Komatsoulis (@JohnKomatsoulis) both get $100 each + a 6-month free PREMIUM membership at MyBlogGuest!
Most active guest article publishers (honorable mentions!):
We love of you guys for spending so much time at MyBlogGuest!
- Tom Bukacek (@Tom_Bukacek) of Black Box Social Media
- Nicko Gibson (@tubeblogr) of Tube Blogger
- Susanp (@spetracco) of Travel Guideline
- Alison Wright (@BeingAlison) of Being Alison
- Sharon Williams (@hobbiesbudget) of Hobbies on a Budget
- Chiprang (@chiprang) of Mothers Forum
- Mr. Bli (@blitalk) of Bli Talk!
- Nadeem Khan (@chillopedia) of >Chillopedia
- Daniel (@M_oa_SD) of Memoirs of a Single Dad
- Vishalgaikar (@vishalgaikar) of Tricks Machine,technology,web 2.0
- Craig Charley (@SBTTraining) of Silicon Beach Training (PRO user! Craig does an outstanding job as both the publisher and the author!)
- Bellaisa (@healthy_start_) of Relationship Circle (another PRO user! Great writer and publisher!)
You all get a 6-month free PREMIUM membership at MyBlogGuest!
Most commented guest articles:
- Newlywed Survival (@NewlywedSurvive) has hosted a few of our guest articles and have made a tremendous job fostering interaction in the comments.
- Allie of Ramblings of a WAHM (@allierambles) makes her best to encourage a great discussion at the guest articles hosted on her blog!
Both of you get a 6-month free PREMIUM membership at MyBlogGuest!
Most beautiful articles: Brendon (@inMotionGaming) of inMotion Gaming does the most awesome job on his guest article formatting: all of them are rich in screenshots and look totally great! Brendon gets a 6-month free PREMIUM membership at MyBlogGuest!
cc licensed ( BY NC ) flickr photo shared by timothygareth
Latest posts by Joseph (see all)
- Chatting Guest Blogging at #Pitchboxchat - December 19, 2018
- How to Collaborate on Content: Co-Create, Interview and Find Guest Bloggers! #BizapaloozaChat - December 5, 2017
- Ann Smarty Talking Influencer Marketing at #BW_Chat Twitter Chat - February 26, 2016
What amazing news this is!! Woohoo! Thank you so much for the opportunity! I’ve truly enjoying the guest posts that this site provides – I’m so grateful for this site and this wonderful prize!! I’ll be sharing this news on my blog this week for sure!
Great contest. 6 months free sounds very good to me! Thanks 🙂
Gerhard from Brazil
Congratulations Brendon !!! Your Websites are awesome!!!
Ditto Kiesha, thanks for an awesome contest and for the nice prize!
John @ Learn About
Congratulations Keisha for winning this awesome MBG contest. Do you need help spending the $1000? 🙂
I would also like to thank Ann Smarty and the team here at MBG for putting together this wonderful event and for creating a wonderful community.
Let’s not forget a big shout goes out to all those who participated, great job everyone !!
This is the second blog contest I’ve won this month alone, so this should reinforce to everyone the fact that you need to show up in order to win. The more you can participate in contests, the more you can win and drive some crazy traffic to your blog.
I look forward to networking with everyone here and I invite you to connect with me here on MBG if you would like to write a guest post for my blog. Come on over !!
Congratulations to all the winners, I hope that you are able to make best use of the visibility that you get as a blogger through this contest.
Thanks so much Ann, really enjoying using MyBlogGuest!
@Gerhard, Thanks allot for the compliment! Really glad you like the websites….
Congrats, Kiesha! I’m sure that you’re the right person to win ! 🙂 Why is that? Well, I just found your blog the other day and I’m loving it now. I like your attitude towards every single post and comment. And I know that something it can be pretty time-consuming to take care of all the comments you blog gets when it gets real traction.
Thanks so much Ann! I’m so excited to work with mybloggguest! What an amazing resource this is! 🙂
Congrats to everyone!
Congrats to Keisha! Was a hard contest indeed. Thanks for the special mention as one of the most active guest article publishers! My small team of part-time mothers are now working on our site. On behalf of my team thanks again as we have learnt many marketing idea around blogging.
Congrats Kiesha 🙂 what you will do with this money 😉
WOw, congratulations to Keisha and to everyone!
Congrats to KEISHA. 🙂
md. mustafizur rahman
Congrats to KEISHA.
Now, who Next?
Who Is The Next?