While May was all about social media advertising on a budget, this month we have talked about getting social media traffic using alternative and free social media channels. We’ve discussed
- Pinterest secrets,
- getting traffic from Facebook utilizing visual content
- and getting the most from Slideshare.
So this month’s push will be all about getting free traffic from social media:
Great article by @BuzzSumo via @noahkagan cc @AppSumo
- Long form content gets more social shares than short form content.
- Having at least one image in your post leads to more Facebook and Twitter shares
- 10 is the magic number for lists
- People tend to share content that looks trustworthy
- Getting one extra influencer to share your article has a multiplier effect
- Repromote your old content on a regular basis
- The best day overall to publish content for social shares is Tuesday
- Invoke awe, laughter, or amusement
2. Pinterest for bloggers (group board)
This is a great collection of Pinterest tricks and tips from great experts including @Growmap
3. More on Pinterest: What Images Get Pinned On Pinterest? Red Beats Blue, Portrait Over Landscape & Lose The Faces by @AmyGesenhues via @Marketingland
We have already mentioned it in the previous chat but it’s a must-bookmark guide for Push edition as well
4. Slideshare: Slideshare as traffic source by @AnaTrafficCafe
- Reuse your more popular old content to create beautiful presentations
- Make sure you have a great call to action
- Name your source file meaningfully to make sure your Slideshare page has an SEO-friendly URL
- Get featured on Slideshare (not a hard thing to do if you actively share it within first 24 hours after it goes live)
5. One more on Slideshare: Marketer’s guide to Slideshare by @maurodandat @kissmetrics
This one has lots of inspiring examples of how to do slideshares right.
Only five articles in our PUSH #myblogguest addition but they will keep you busy throughout the week!